ethernet cards

Geoff Shang gshang at pacific.net.au
Sun Nov 23 09:22:32 EST 2003

Alex Snow wrote:

> this is weird bc I thought pci was supposed to assign ircs to the
> hardware in order to prevent conflicts such as those present in
> non-pnp isa...

It is.  Which is why I think it's a little strange.  Of course, if you have
an ISA device, it's not very clear to me how to tell the PCI IRQ allocation
process not to use that particular IRQ.

The weird thing in this case of yours is that IDE controllers are on pretty
standard IRQs and I find it odd that those were allocated to a PCI device.
Perhaps show us the output of "lspci -v"?

Geoff.