Speakfreely problem:

Shaun Oliver shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
Fri Nov 21 11:24:36 EST 2003

I'm thinking,

you can use alsa with it but, if your alsa headers ain't where
speakfreely goes looking for them, you're likely to get some errors. and
it won't build.
just stick with the stock standard Makefile for now unless you have a
real need to alter it.
but be sure you know what you're breaking first.
hth

at the risk of being helpful, Geoff Shang delivered up the
following on Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 02:11:37AM +1000,
> Hi:
>
> Nah, either way it's using OSS.  The version from speakup CVS has (or at
> least had) some experimental ALSA code in it, but I don't know how
> satisfactory it ever became.  I think you can compile it again by tweeking
> the Makefile.  Jim or Kirk would know more about this, but the fact that
> it's not been touched in a long time would suggest to me that it's probably
> not in much of a state.

Shaun Oliver
"Becareful of the toes u step on today, they maybe connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!"

EMAIL: shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
ICQ: 76958435
YAHOO: blindman01_2000
MSN: blindman_2001 at hotmail.com
AIM: captain nemo 200
IRC: irc.awesomechat.net:6666
IRCNICK: blindman
CHANNELS: #awesomeradio #mircpopup-magic #linux #help #ourworld #audiofile #mauisun