Slackware network question

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Nov 18 20:14:47 EST 2003

Slackware has a script called netconfig (I'm pretty sure) that is used
to configure your network settings.  It also can optionally probe for
a network card if you want.  I think once on one of my machines, it
picked the wrong card however.  I had to go in and manually correct.
If I can recall, I think it tried to call my 3com 3c509C with a ne2000
driver.  I guess hardware auto detection schemes aren't 100% right all
the time.  I have seen it work on other systems though.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 07:09:03PM -0500, Jes and guide dog Harley wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a Novell Engineering 2000 compatible network card. It's made by Smc and is an ISA device. I'm wondering if Slackware 9.1
> will autoDetect it by default? OR does it even support it at all? Thanks a lot!
> Jes

HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://ld.net/?holmesgrown