mkeithley at pobox.com
Mon Nov 17 15:05:51 EST 2003
Try re-logging into your shell.
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Richard Wells wrote:
-I have installed the ViaVoice RTK and the ViaVoice SDK rpms on my Redhat 8
-system. The /etc/profile has been modified to reflect the export of ECI.INI.
-When I run the ./runcmdlinespeak to test ViaVoice, I get the following
-Could not create ECI handle. Check installation.
- IBM ViaVoice TTS RTK has not been installed on this machine.
- no exported ECIINI variable in /etc/profile.
- eci.ini file not in path referenced by ECIINI, nor in current
-directory. eci.ini corrupted.
- library /usr/lib/libibmeci50.so corrupted or missing.
- language files referenced in eci.ini file corrupted or missing.
-Re-install IBM ViaVoice TTS RTK.
-I tried uninstalling both rpms with the -e switch but I am told that they
-are not installed. I tried installing them again with the -i switch but I am
-told that they are already installed. Which is it? How can I fix this?
-I am very frustrated with this. Any and all help will be appreciated.
-Speakup mailing list
-Speakup at braille.uwo.ca
More information about the Speakup