python.

Dj Statik djstatik at djstatik.net
Sun Nov 16 01:12:41 EST 2003

Arrg, python, yuck, hehe sorry, just had to get that in first.

If you want to drop me an email off list I've got

* learning python
* programming python 2nd edition
* Python and XML
* Python pocket reference

In etext format.

In relation to streamcast, I looked at a little while ago and ditched it in favour of icecast with transcoder.

transcoder is a little program you run on the same server as your icecast server and it takes the stream in high bitrate, say 128, 96, 56, etc and re-encodes it for lower bitrates.

It can also convert an ogg stream to mp3 or and mp3 stream to ogg if you really want it to.

I can't remember the url to transcoder off the top of my head, but I'm sure you'll find it on freshmeat.

Don't get it mixed up with transcode though, which converts different video formats.

Hope this helps.