Were's LILO?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Nov 12 09:34:32 EST 2003

Grub is not likely to be a problem unless you have multiple kernels or
operating systems to boot.

But, you can still have lilo. It's there, even if it isn't in the
installer.

First make sure that you have a working talking system. The next step is
not lilo, but an initrd that includes Speakup.
Darragh writes:
> From: "Darragh" <lists at digitaldarragh.com>
>
> I noticed during the installation of Fedora that LILO isn't in the options,
> Any ideas on how I can get as much from Grub as I did from LILO?
>
> Its surprising how much you can get from trying to install linux.  A local
> university gave me access to their network this morning.  it only took me 78
> minutes to download the four discs.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Darragh

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group