Fragmented speech using Redhat 8.0 and Apollo2

Sheila Acock sheilac at sheilac.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 10:22:47 EST 2003

Hi,

Just to say that I did take Bill up on his offer and he was very
helpful.

My Apollo is now talking much better;  not perfect, but I find it quite
usable, which I certainly didn't before.

I have just spent some time reading Man pages and using Lynx on some
Websites, (though I haven't yet worked out how to identify and activate
links).

Many thanks, Bill.

p.s.  Hope no-one minds me posting this, but I am so pleased to feel I
am getting somewhere, and hope it may encourage anyone else who might be
struggling.

Sheila.

In message <20031109140009.GR6622 at rednote.net>, Janina Sajka
<janina at rednote.net> writes
>Shiela, here's an offer you should definitely accept! <grin>
>

>William F. Acker writes:
>> From: "William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209" <wacker at octothorp.org>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>      Send me your phone number or call me at the number at the top of this
>> message, and I'll talk you through it.  BTW, I do know that you're in the
>> UK.
>>           HTH.
>> --
>>

>> Bill in Denver
>>
>> On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Sheila Acock wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Janina,
>> >
>> > No, I haven't.  As I said, the speech is so unintelligible that I
>> > haven't really tried anything much.  If it might help, I will try and
>> > get sighted assistance with doing this, but are there instructions on
>> > how to accomplish it?  I am really rather daunted by the whole thing.
>> >
>> > Thanks.

Sheila Acock