Speakup Skipping Lines in Lynx?

Toby Fisher toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 07:51:15 EST 2003

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Geoff Shang wrote:

> Hi:
>
> The thing with lynx is that it only prints what it has to to update the
> screen.  It also joins the last word on the first line to the next word on
> the next, by the way.  So I always get speakup to read me the screen after
> it's printed, rather than listen to speakup speak it on the way up, as you
> can easily miss things.  If you're looking at information that is largely
> the same from screen to screen, I can easily see how 4 lines could be left
> out.

That's right.

I actually find this behaviour very useful when navigating a website where
say the top half of the screen is a load of menu items, and selecting one
only changes the bottom half of the first page...why do I want to hear the
menu again?

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808