fbtv proglem

Tom Moore tom at tomstroubleshooting.com
Sun Nov 9 11:57:40 EST 2003

Hi guys.
I'm trying to use the fbtv program to control my ati tv tuner card.
When I fire up fbtv to open the tuner so I can change the channels I get:
using linux console font "/usr/share/consolefonts/lat1-16.psf"
map: vt09 => fb0
can handle only packed pixel frame buffers

Anyone ever seen this error before and know what I can do to fix it?
I have framebuffer support in my kernel.
Personally though I don't care too much about the video display, just want the audio from the channels.
Well actually it'd be nice to have the system dump the video to a file so that I can burn the show down to a vcd or something later.

Tommy