compiling festival in SW 9.1

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Sat Nov 8 10:17:33 EST 2003

I wonder if anyone has tried compiling the speechtools and
festival packages with the Slackware 9.1 Linux distribution? I am
getting strange compile errors when I try it.

The GCC version in SW 9.1 is GCC 3.2.3. The speechtools and
festival packages compiled with no problems in my older SW 8.1
distro, where the GCC version was 2.95.3.

Any tips are much appreciated. Everything else I have tried
compiling with the new distro seems to work fine, except for this
one.

Many thanks,

Chuck

--