Mobile Accessibility

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Fri Nov 7 18:22:36 EST 2003

Yeah that'd be cool. though speakup should come with any linux
computer reguardless of whether the user wants it or not just with the
synth set to null as the default at kernel compiletime. therefore if
lets say i bought a new computer from circuit shitty that ran linux
all I'd need to do was modify the config for the installed bootloader.
On
Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 05:04:23PM -0600, Adam Myrow wrote:
> Well, on a similar subject, wouldn't it be great if computers could be
> purchased with a screen reader?  I figure that for us, the screen reader
> is as important as a monitor is to a sighted person, so we should be able
> to get it in the package, and still buy a new one if necessary.
> Linux-based computers should have the option of Speakup in place of a
> monitor, for example.  Windows-based computers should be able to be
> purchased with either JFW, Window-Eyes, or any of the other lesser-known
> screen readers.  A sighted person can get a computer with anything from a
> tiny 14-inch monitor to a 21-inch monitor.  Just my thoughts.

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?