building dump/restore

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Nov 7 11:44:08 EST 2003

Most of the build went fine but the make install failed because of invalid
user man.  Does anyone know if adding man as a user is all that's needed
to clear this error and is there some kind of security advantage doing
this?  I ended up copying dump.8 and restore.8 into /usr/man/man8/ with
install -m 644 as a prefix and also copying restore executeable into
/usr/local/sbin/ with install -m 755 as a prefix.  The build process put
dump executeable there for me before the error.