problem visiting google

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Thu Nov 6 01:56:08 EST 2003

Well, this is kind of interesting.
I am using debian unstable.
when I check package status for openssl, it says the version is 0.9.7c--5.
But when I do
lynx --version
it says
Lynx Version 2.8.4rel.1 (17 Jul 2001)
libwww-FM 2.14, SSL-MM 1.4.1, OpenSSL 0.9.6c
Built on linux-gnu Nov 22 2002 21:54:44

so I assume the lynx --version is talking about what version it was built
on while the openssl package info is the ssl actually being used on my
system?
I wondered about this,
because when you run "o" options in lynx,
under "user agent header" it has openssl0.96c listed.
Not meaning to sound vague; not quite sure what I'm asking except is this
a discrepancy that could cause a problem or is it just the difference
between what was originally used in the build and what is current on the
system?

Copyrights held by the University of Kansas, CERN, and other contributors.
Distributed under the GNU General Public License.
See http://lynx.browser.org/ and the online help for more information.

See http://www.moxienet.com/lynx/ for information about SSL for Lynx.
See http://www.openssl.org/ for information about OpenSSL.

--