RFC on solution to Rejean's situation

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Sun Nov 2 18:47:46 EST 2003

If we do it (Alan S. seems to think I'm nutts for suggesting it, so let's
work that out, as I want to hear his further thoughts).
No hard drive will be necessary for this, although a few floppies might.
If we need to, we can setup a large RAMdisk which loads off of floppy
initially, then, if more is needed, it can obtain it via FTP or SMB, from
one of the other machines.  However that shouldn't be necessary, as the
utilities to make this work, are not vast.

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Rejean Proulx wrote:

> Thanks,  I've got garbage lying around that I can probably get 128M for.  It
> might be overkill, but here it is.  One of the boxes is a 333MHZ so it
> should be plenty.  Does it need a hard drive or can I just boot it off a
> floppy for this sort of thing.  None of my garbage has hard drives anymore,
> but I'm sure I could come up with a hard drive.
>
>  Rejean Proulx
> Visit my family at http://interfree.ca
> MSN is: rejp at rogers.com
> Ham License VA3REJ