a few debian questions

Ameer Armaly Ameer_Armaly at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 1 21:37:33 EST 2003

In answer to your first question, I would seriously recomend building a
custom kernel; if you want, you can build it into a deb package with the
"kernel-package" deb.    You can just use the stuff from
linux-speakup.org;it's universal as far as I know.  As to newer distros, you
can replace "stable" in your /etc/apt/sources.list with "testing" or
"unstable", depending on what you want; unstable is always newer than
testing, but buggier too.  As far as net goes, you can build a new kernel
and use it to debootstrap a system; I know that if you install pump, it'll
automatically dhcp your system at startup for you.

Ameer