oggenc quality levels

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Fri May 23 00:07:01 EDT 2003

To any and all who have had a good amount of experience converting music CDs to
ogg files:
Do you have an oppinion on the quality level that should be used in converting
music CDs? Of course, the higher the quality level you choose, the bigger the
file; on the other hand, one doesn't want to make poor quality files just to
save as much space as possible. I'm satisfied with '-q 0" for most reading
material,files, but am thinking that perhaps i should use at least the default "-q 3" or
maybe higher for my music despite the increase in size.
Since they are just for my own use I don't need to be ultraprofessional, but i
don't want to be sloppy either.
Thanks.

Cheryl