converting real audio to mp3

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at novocon.net
Thu May 22 10:40:20 EDT 2003

I have had pretty good luck with vsound as long as I remember to
use the -t switch which improves the timing. If you use the -d
option it will play it as well as capture it, which of course
takes real time, but omitting the -d option and it goes about 8
or 10 times faster than real time on this system. On a slow
dialup connection there will sometimes be noise generated when
buffering fails. But if the connection is fast enough to keep the
buffer filled, vsound works quite well for me. If there are any
alternatives I would sure like to know about them too.

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (54% of Full)
So visit me sometime at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh