Durability of burned cds with .ogg files

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon May 19 08:33:52 EDT 2003

Just be careful to not buy too cheap a CD.  I'be been there, done
that, and ended up with a 30% failure rate.  Usually the failures
occurred at burn time so there was no real data loss but still.  I've
been using a memorex product that I bought at Office Max for about
$.50 a piece and the failure rate has been much less.  I sometimes
still have power calibration problems but often I can start over and
go on with the same disk.

I use the zinf audio player for linux which can play ogg or mp3, no sweat.