dectalk express bug in cvs speakup?

jacobs at surferie.net jacobs at surferie.net
Thu May 15 15:03:34 EDT 2003

Hi Kirk
Logically then, what you're saying is that 100 should be dectalk's highest
pitch if that is the range. However, it is not. I do see how rate was handled, but pitch seems to keep the dectalk-specific values.
Therefore, pitch 100 is actually pitch 100 on the dectalk. After changing
the pitch range my /proc/speakup stuff, including pitch, still works. As for
the rate, it is locked in 0 to 18, not 0 to 100. I don't have a problem with
starting at 0, but how can 18 values cover 500 different rates?