Links and Elinks

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at novocon.net
Thu May 15 13:34:48 EDT 2003

Igor,
As I understand it, links 2.1pre9 is an offshoot of links 0.99,
and elinks is based on the latter. You should subscribe to one of
these lists:

links-list at linuxfromscratch.org
or
elinks-users at linuxfromscratch.org
and
elinks-dev at linuxfromscratch.org

Just add "-request" to the list name in front of the at sign and
put the word "subscribe" on the subject line of an email.

I believe it is only links 2.1 that has javascript support, and
they do not use a java plugin. They have the support code
hardwired into the program so it is not easy to keep it current.
Get aboard and let them know you care.

Chuck
On Thu, 15 May 2003 igueths at attbi.com wrote:

> Sorry for the mistake. The url is http://elinks.or.cz, that's what I aws
> refering to. Well from what I've seen on that site, elinks can't be based on
> links-2.1, because they have yet to add javascript support. Links-2.1PRE9
> already has this, with a few problems hwich have remained unresolved as of
> late.
> > Hi
> >
> > A few people on the list have been talking about Links, and how it is
> > progressing.
> >
> > I came across a project called Elinks, which has taken Links and added a
> > number of new features.  It isn't a fork, since it has the approval of the
> > Links developers.  Maybe this is worth a look at.
> >
> > I haven't got time to do this myself since I have exams next week, and the
> > week after, and the week after that!  But if anyone has tried Elinks, then
> > please let us all know what it is like.
> >
> > Saqib

The Moon is Full
So visit me sometime at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh