Got it running (was Re: best way to install rh9?)

Jacob Schmude jacobs at surferie.net
Wed May 14 20:46:07 EDT 2003

Hi
Thanks much to everyone who answered my questions about installing rh9.
I've got rh9 and cvs speakup up and running after handpatching keyboard.c
and miscdevice.h.  I must say it's better than rh7 which was the version I
last used. However, how do I adjust the firewall level? I see a gui tool
for doing it but nothing for textmode.
One last question: How safe is it to divert away from the rh-supplied
kernel configs? One of the problems in rh7 seemed to be that if I deviated
too far from the rh standard, my modules would have many unresolved
symbols, never could figure out why. Does this still happen?
Thanks again.