CVS, Checkout Required?

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Tue May 13 06:00:22 EDT 2003

Hi Steve and all:  You need a new checkout script to upgrade.  If you
use the current one it may break some of your files.  I don't know
that for sure but I suspect it.  Of course, the new checkout script is
in the repository.

An easier way to do it is download a new checkout script from the
disks area of the web/ftp site.

People now have three options for checking out? The can do it the old
way an make sure there is a symbolic link to /usr/src/linux from the
kernel tree.  They can specify a path on the command line such as
checkout linux-2.4.1gazillion or cd into the top directory of the tree
and just do a checkout.

See, we have options; oh so many options, we's likes options we does.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061