How to get viavoice working (was Re: where did viavoice go?)

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Fri May 9 02:03:46 EDT 2003

I have been unable to get viavoice to do anything -- I installed
(using alien) viavoice_tts_rtk_5.tar and viavoice_tts_sdk_5.tar, but
when I went into the programs under the samples directory, the
cmdlinespeak compiled, but complained loudly that it couldn't create
an esi handle and seemed to be looking for esi.ini (on Linux?).
Also, the filespeak program wouldn't even compile -- it was
complaining about some c++ errors.

Has anyone figured out how to get this to work -- I am interested in
it for possibly emacspeak and also for gnopernicus access.

--
         John Covici
         covici at ccs.covici.com