ide order for hard drives and cdrom drives

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Wed May 7 15:13:42 EDT 2003

If I recall correctly: the transfer speed of an IDE/EIDE chain, is limited
to the maximum speed of the slowest device on the chain.  Which means, if
you have a CDROM on the same controller channel as a hard drive, the hard
drive will have lower performance.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, as IDE these days may no longer work
that way.

Luke