alsa and kernel

jack mendez wiler1 at earthlink.net
Tue May 6 17:20:49 EDT 2003

well i am getting loads and loads of them and i am really really getting
frustrated.
i have been trying for a couple of days now to compile the damned thing and
if it isn't one thing its another.
okay so here is what i tried.
just for the hell of it, the only thing i did was to
patch speakup into the kernel no other modifications.
answered the appropriate questions in the configuration file with make
oldconfig
make dep
make bzImage
make modules
wait.wait.wait.
get unresolved symbols all over the place, and eventually it stops

with _instmod_post error1

any ideas what i am doing wrong? this seems streight forward but obviously
i am not doing something right