subnet calculating

Shaun Oliver shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
Tue May 6 09:11:23 EDT 2003

the package you want is ipsc
here's what apt had to say about it.
Package: ipsc
Section: net
Installed-Size: 88
Maintainer: Juan Alvarez <jalvarez at fluidsignal.com>
Architecture: i386
Version: 0.4.2-3
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4)
Suggests: gipsc, prips
Filename: pool/main/i/ipsc/ipsc_0.4.2-3_i386.deb
Size: 12728
MD5sum: e929c912327042f294f85b321cf2270d
 The IP Subnet Calculator is a tool that allows network administrators
 to make calculations that will assist in subnetting a network.  You
 give the network class and subnet bits and you get back the maximum
 number of subnets, maximum number of hosts per subnet, a bimap showing
 the breakdown of network bits, subnet bits, and host bits, the decimal
 and hexadecimal class netmask, the decimal and hexadecimal subnet mask
 and lists subnets and host information. CIDR support and reverse
 engineer the network information for a particular interface (e.g. eth0,
 ppp0).

hth

--
Shaun Oliver

"Before I knew the best part of my life had come, it had gone."

EMAIL: shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
ICQ: 76958435
YAHOO: blindman01_2000
MSN: blindman_2001 at hotmail.com