main menu

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Tue May 6 07:25:35 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Tonight on Main Menu, there's going to be a talk about the Gnome
desktop.  Y'all might want to listen.

This week on Main Menu, we update the latest technology news in our News
Briefs section.

We review Studio Recorder, an accessible, powerful audio editor for
spoken word material.

Have you had one too many "this programme has performed an illegal
operation and will be shut down" message? Marc Mulcahy begins a series
on the Gnome open source graphic user environment, that is shaping up to
provide a real alternative to Windows for blind people.

And Chris G reviews the Accenda talking remote control.

Main Menu airs at 1 Universal time each Wednesday, that's Tuesday
evening in the USA at 9 EDT, and 6 PDT, on ACB Radio mainstream. It
repeats continuously for 24 hours before making its way into the on
demand archives.

Visit ACB Radio at http://www.acbradio.org and choose the Mainstream
link.

Ann P.