Gnome being reviewed on Main Menu

Doug Lawlor dlawlor at warp.nfld.net
Tue May 6 00:13:58 EDT 2003

Jonathan Mosen has just posted the following to the ACB Radio
announcements list.

Doug

----- Forwarded message from Jonathan Mosen <jonathan at mosen.org> -----

Subject: Main Menu
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 14:37:50 +1200
From: "Jonathan Mosen" <jonathan at mosen.org>
To: <announce at acbradio.org>,
	<friends at acbradio.org>

This week on Main Menu, we update the latest technology news in our News
Briefs section.

We review Studio Recorder, an accessible, powerful audio editor for
spoken word material.

Have you had one too many "this programme has performed an illegal
operation and will be shut down" message? Marc Mulcahy begins a series
on the Gnome open source graphic user environment, that is shaping up to
provide a real alternative to Windows for blind people.

And Chris G reviews the Accenda talking remote control.

Main Menu airs at 1 Universal time each Wednesday, that's Tuesday
evening in the USA at 9 EDT, and 6 PDT, on ACB Radio mainstream. It
repeats continuously for 24 hours before making its way into the on
demand archives.

Visit ACB Radio at http://www.acbradio.org and choose the Mainstream
link.

	Jonathan Mosen
Director
ACB Radio, the voice of the Blind Community http://www.acbradio.org MSN
Messenger or mailto:jonathan at mosen.org
Work Phone: +64-6-348-8127
Mobile: +64-21-4Mosen, +64-21-466-736

This list is a service of ACB Radio, on the web at http://www.acbradio.org

To unsubscribe, e-mail: announce-unsubscribe at acbradio.org
For additional commands, e-mail: announce-help at acbradio.org

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html

Doug Lawlor <dlawlor at warp.nfld.net>