telnet installation of Redhat

Patrick Turnage patrickt at tampabay.rr.com
Mon May 5 17:19:54 EDT 2003

Hello
Let me explain my LAN and my setup, I will also post the revelient portions
of my dhcpd.conf
I have Linux as a gateway
eth0 10.0.0.1/24 or 255.255.255.0
I have a Windows XP machine
10.0.0.2/24
Windows 2000 pro
10.0.0.3/24
then I have a notebook and my gf's notebook that grab the address for dhcp,
also the other statically assigned machines get their info from the dhcp
server and I match by mac address.
You asked why not just statically assign those IP addresses? Well once I
needed to update the DNS information because the DNS server I was using
went down, now rather than go to each machine, I just changed the
dhcpd.conf file and reloaded dhcpd.
here is my dhcpd.conf file from Debian 3.0.
After you define all the other information you add this to the bottom.

host xp
{
hardware ethernet 00:08:A1:13:35:6C;
fixed-address 10.0.0.2;
}
host 2kpro
{
hardware ethernet 00:04:5A:72:f7:51;
fixed-address 10.0.0.3;
}

-----
Patrick Turnage
E-mail: pturnage at tampabay.rr.com
AOL Instant Messenger: kg4dqk
MSN Messenger: turnagep at hotmail.com
Amateur Radio Call Sign: kg4dqk (EXP 2009)
Home Page:
http://www.access-connect.com
Connecting the world to access technology information.
For all mainstream and adaptive hardware and software.