telnet installation of Redhat

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Mon May 5 14:43:13 EDT 2003

I couldn't seem to find any way to hard-code an IP address on the target,
but I was able to setup DHCPD so that it would only assigh the IP address
I wanted.  I simply coded the subnet as 10.1.1.0 and under that I told it
to assign IP addresses in the range 10.1.1.2 to 10.1.1.2.  Making both of
these numbers the same ensures that I ALWAYS get the same IP address of
10.1.1.2 on the target when doing a telnet install of RH9 co I don't even
have to ping the broadcast address to find out which IP dhcpd gave it.

Lorenzo

Anyone who thinks UNIX is intuitive should be forced to write 5000 lines of
code using nothing but vi or emacs.  AAAAACK!
	-- Discussion on the intuitiveness of commands, especially Emacs