Linux note taker

Patrick Turnage patrickt at tampabay.rr.com
Mon May 5 01:00:19 EDT 2003

Hello
It would be interesting to install Linux and maybe emacspeak with the
ViaVoice drivers to give it the same sound as Jaws, and using emacs could
give a lot of the most common notetaker applications from right inside
emacs, of course giving access to the shell and a larger storage card for
programs such as lynx, telnet, etc.
How does emacsspeak do with the term program? When I say term I mean m-x
term or m-x shell
Patrick
At 23:30 5/4/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>If it ran a gnu/linux distro instead of jaws and win ce,
>I might consider it if I had the money, and was in the market for a note
taker.

>Greg
>

>On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 10:30:44PM -0400, Ann Parsons wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> <smile>  Nobody said we want a packmate.  I would not be paid to take
>> one.
>>
>> Ann P.
>>
>> --
>> 			Ann K. Parsons
>> email:  akp at eznet.net 			ICQ Number:  33006854
>> WEB SITE:  http://home.eznet.net/~akp
>> "All that is gold does not glitter.  Not all those who wander are lost."
 JRRT

-----
Patrick Turnage
E-mail: pturnage at tampabay.rr.com
AOL Instant Messenger: kg4dqk
MSN Messenger: turnagep at hotmail.com
Amateur Radio Call Sign: kg4dqk (EXP 2009)
Home Page:
http://www.access-connect.com
Connecting the world to access technology information.
For all mainstream and adaptive hardware and software.