Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun May 4 23:56:36 EDT 2003

Note: this applies to the new CVS version of Speakup.

1.  What is the earliest point I can insert an echo command to the
    /proc/speakup/synth_name to set up a synth. driver?

2. When attempting to load the speakout driver while currently logged
   in, I get the following messages shown in dmesg and the load
   obvously fails.
Speakup:  loading module "speakup_spkout"
releasing synth acntpc
Probing for Speakout.
Speakout Out:  not found
spkout: device probe failed

Now, I understand there is a setserial sequence I should do; can
someone tell me what that sequence is? when I tried
setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none, I got no complaints but I got the
above messages when I echoed 'spkout' to /proc/speakup/synth_name.

Thanks for any help.