gcc internal compiler error program cc1 got fatal signal 11

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Sun May 4 19:47:00 EDT 2003

I have also heard that this can be caused by overheating.  It is my
experience that a computer uses a lot more power and its internal
temperature rises while compiling a kernel.  Your fan may not be powerful
enough to compensate for this problem.  If this is the case, new ram won't
help.  You may simply need to replace the fan.

Lorenzo

"Linux was made by foreign terrorists to take money from true US companies
like Microsoft." - Some AOL'er.
"To this end we dedicate ourselves..." -Don
	-- From the sig of "Don", don at cs.byu.edu

Johan Bergström staggered into view and mumbled: