Unpopularity of Linux notetakers

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Sat May 3 18:39:47 EDT 2003

I wasn't talking about Braille as the only access device.  You are all
misunderstanding me.  What the original statement was that you don't need
a Braille display to program.  I agree with this statement, but what I was
trying to say is that Braille is very nice for programming.  That's where
the high-speed connection to the Internet analogy came from.  You don't
need a high speed connection to the Internet to read your email or
download files, but it is very nice to have one.  I agree with Kirk about
a qwerty keyboard VS. a Braille keyboard, though.  I originally chose the
Type 'N Speak as my portable device because I type about 2 to 3 times
faster on a qwerty keyboard than I can Braille even at my best.  So, my
statements about Braille were not about just Braille itself, but
specifically, using a Braille display for programming.  For me, I like to
have both options and almost always have speech with Braille at the same
time.