the future of Linux (was Re: mlb.com)

Thomas D. Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Sat May 3 09:54:47 EDT 2003

I'm not an expert on Lindow's but it is geared for someone wanting to run
Windows applications in Linux. It does have a standard Linux kernel, and it
is probably even possible to patch speakup into it, but I've never tried. I
do know
It does have a command line, and there are ports of gcc, but as I mentioned
before it is geared for someone wanting to use the gui. It is one major
reason I haven't really spent much time with the OS. It's not all that
accessible for someone like us.