speakup and festival

SergeyFleytin fleytin at mail.ru
Sat May 3 00:46:10 EDT 2003

Hi!

OPS> Well the device doesn't seem to have been opened.  Did you run $
OPS> mknod -c /dev/usrdev c 252 0 before running middleware

Yes! That > was my mistake! Thanks! It's talking now. But it seems to
me that speakup keymap does not work. While configuring the kernel i
answered 'yes' to use speakup keymap by default. But it does not
work. Then i tried loading manually speakupmap.map found in the
archive, bot loadkeys outputs a lot of error messages and refuses to
load the keymap. I tried to replace any symbolic descriptions in
speakupmap.map with digital ones found in Keymap Tutorial but that
text does not have all the commands. What else can i do?

And one more question: is it possible to control speech rate and
volume from within speakup while it works with Festival?

Thanks in advance,

Sergey.