CVS speakup and punc_level all

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at novocon.net
Fri May 2 15:17:10 EDT 2003

The way I generally set my punc_level in speakup is to leave it
at 1 or 2 for general purpose reading or web browsing, but to set
it to 3 (all) when programming. I can't afford to miss a single
punctuation mark when working with code.

The new CVS speakup when set to punc_level 3 behaves as expected
when text appears spontaneously on the screen, but when using the
"speakup numpad 7" or "speakup numpad 8" or "speakup numpad 9"
keys, it seems to have stayed in level 1 or 2 instead of changing
to 3. Is this a feature or a bug? Can someone confirm that it
happens that way on their system too?

Thanks,
Chuck

So visit me sometime at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh