RH or Debian:why?

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Fri May 2 12:49:10 EDT 2003

The only problem I had with RH was the fact that Speakup for some reason
ran vety slowly and sent a lot of incorrect parameters to my dectalk.  I
don't know what I did wrong, or if it's just like that.  I would need the
entire system, because I use X-windows to run applets and whatnot using
the limited vision I have.  I would love the apt-get commands in Debian,
but I understand the speakup-enabled version is very old, although I saw
in another message that I should be able to use apt-get dist-upgrade to
fix that problem.

Lorenzo

I still maintain the point that designing a monolithic kernel in 1991 is a
fundamental error.  Be thankful you are not my student.  You would not get a
high grade for such a design :-)
	-- Andrew Tanenbaum to Linus Torvalds