CVS speakup and caps.

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at novocon.net
Thu May 1 14:34:52 EDT 2003

Okay, I have made it go away.

Here is the deal: When I first ran the new CVS speakup I noticed
that some of the contents of /proc/speakup had changed. So I
copied the new /proc/speakup stuff to /etc/speakup when I keep my
settings. My startup procedure includes a "cp -R" command that
copies all the settings back to /proc/speakup where the
permissions are appropriate. It is when I copy caps_start and
caps_stop back to /proc/speakup from where they were written in
/etc/speakup that kills my pitch change. I am now getting normal
behavior after first simply removing caps_start and caps_stop
from /etc/speakup and rebooting, so that those two items are not
written back to /proc/speakup when starting up.

What happened? Did I lose a control character during the copying
process or something?

Anyhow, it is working fine now and I can sure live without
messing with the pitch change values.

Chuck

--
The Moon is New