Converting ms-word files to text made very easy

Charles Crawford ccrawford at acb.org
Thu May 1 14:03:08 EDT 2003

Hey Everyone,   I was struggling with wordview which has a bunch of
powerful options like making a word file into an html file, but Bill Acker
told me about catdoc. Now this is the lazy man's heaven.  All I did was
install the rpm and use the command line argument catdoc file.doc>file.txt
and press enter.  Now I have the original doc file and a text (.txt) file
with the name I gave it.  Can life get any better? With catdoc and
pdftotext I have solved two big problems that get in the way of someone
trying to use a great text interface in a Windows world.

	10 points for Linux and heh heh for the other guys.

-- Charlie.