Suggestion for Speakup Parameter Keys

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu May 1 07:58:01 EDT 2003

The latest CVS version of Speakup has sever speech parameters that can
be rotered up and down with pairs of keys along the number row.  I'm
wondering if we could spare some keys and avoid running out of
possible options by just having a single key for each parm and just
have it wrap around to the beginning value.  So if you hit punct level
3 and hit the key again, it will start over at 0.

Another idea that won't save any keys might be an ergonomic pattern
where the up and down keys for each parm would be right above each
other.  Example would be punct level up could be the speakup-1 key and
punct level down could be speakup-q.  I know, documenting and
explaining might be a bitch but makes sense when you have a mental
picture of the keyboard in your head:).

Just an idea; I had visions of running out of sensible keys as more
speech parameters get added.