Braille Assistant notetaker

Liz Hare eh51 at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 19 21:22:02 EST 2003

Hi, Jared,

I am using the Elba.

I like it a lot, but there are some limitations.  You don't have access to
the whole linux system so you can't do stuff like compile your own
software.  If it were a personal unit and not one for my job that would
upset me.  But it has all the great features of linux like stability and in
this respect it's better than any notetaker I've played with.  The braille
is beautiful.  The machine is a bit big and klunky, but I like it anyway.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Please use this address:

doggene at earthlink.net

Liz