question about speakup and festival kernel

Jacob Schmude jacobs at surferie.net
Mon Mar 31 04:55:08 EST 2003

Hi
Actually, it was the second version of the tarball I was using. I just
can't figure out why I can't get it working. My hw synth broke so I've
resorted to using yasr with flite for most of the time, not ideal but
usable. Here's an interesting fact: speakup v1.00 isn't supposed to work on
kernel 2.4.19... and it's 2.4.19 that I tried to make it work with. I've
since tried CVS speakup on 2.4.20 with your files copied into their
appropriate places, same errors. Exactly the same.
Help appreciated.