Festival Module for Speakup

Matteo Fasanella mfasanella at deis.unibo.it
Mon Mar 31 04:38:20 EST 2003

Hi, sorry if I reply only now, but last week there were some problems
with our dept network...

Buddy Brannan wrote:

>I'm also trying to build my own kernel with Festival support for
>Speakup. I'm having an issue with the kernel building (don't have the
>error here, but it's definitely something witth Speakup). Here's what
>I've done...and I *think* it should be right:
>
>1. Downloaded a 2.4.19 kernel tarball, untarred it. (This is for my
>laptop, currently running 2.4.18. I'm still interested in the solution
>to the precompiled kernel issue I posted earlier, BTW.)
>
>2. Copied the stuff from the speakup-festival tarball
>(i.e. /usr/include tree and then the stuff from usr/src/linux into
>linux-2.4.19/*)
>
>3. Installed Speakup V1.00

You should first install Speakup, and then install speakup-festival...

>This is where things aren't quite clear. The speakup directory in this
>tree is empty,

Yes, you tried the "first" version of tarball, but some days later I
"patched" it and I made a second version, downloadable from the same
address:
http://weblab.deis.unibo.it/Linux4D/codice/speakup-festival.tar.gz

Matteo