t1 versus cabel/modem

erik burggraaf erik at erik-burggraaf.com
Fri Mar 28 19:38:39 EST 2003

Well, I never notice to much signal loss on my 2 meg cable, but for the same
price I could switch to 1.3 and 1.5 mb adsl's.  Think I should do it?  Just
to keep this on topic, How would that effect my linux box?  Cable is
auto-detected under both windows and linux.  Adsl, though, tipicly comes
with proprietary software that establishes connections, and they don't seem
to like linux too much.  I know it's possible, just need a pointer in the
right direction.
Cheers,
Erik
BTW, those hd prices are lower as of a day or two ago.  Gues ss it's time to
mod my sig, lol.

You need more space!  Compare hard drives starting at $236 cdn for 120, $304
for 160, and $420 for 200 GB at 7200 RPM.
http://www.mlhsystems.com/momex/NavCode/Hardware/ID/HardDrive/Affiliate/ERIK
BURGGRA
Convert to $US at http://www.xe.com/ucc