Problem w/precompiled binary solved (we think)

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at novocon.net
Thu Mar 27 06:01:52 EST 2003

Hi Buddy,

I think your alsa drivers need to be compiled under 2.4.19 if
they are going to work under that version. Maybe you already did
that.

Question: I was under the impression that speakup 1.00 only
worked for kernels 2.4.18 and earlier. Is that wrong?

Chuck

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Buddy Brannan wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> The problem was what we in the biz call a stupid mistake. ... Seems
> that the modules didn't like being owned by someone who isn't
> root. Who'd've thunk?
>
> So now the kernel boots and loads modules. Now if I can get sound to
> work and festival to talk...

So visit me sometime at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
or you might reach me at chuckh on the jabber network.