bogus tty entry

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Thu Mar 27 01:44:37 EST 2003

Yes, the devices are there to make you ask questions.
The man page for inittab is there to give answers.

Look in /etc/inittab.
You will see getty entries for tty0-tty5.  Duplicate the last of these
entries, making the appropriate changes to numbers, for each additional
virtual console you require.

Then run:

telinit q

Luke