embossing files: interesting occurance

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Thu Mar 20 19:17:36 EST 2003

Hi all. Well I installed Duxbury on another laptop I have here, connected
the cable to the parport, and I got it to emboss just fine. I wonder if
there is something that I am not doing that I should be? I have tried both
cat filename >/dev/lp0 and lpr filename and none of those methods work.
And I definitely know this is a system config problem, bc the embosser
itself is configured to emboss propperly when it gets something sent its
way. Should I do anything idfferently from what I am doing now? Like use
lpd instead of lprng?

May you code in the power of the source,
may the kernel, libraries, and utilities be with you,
throughout all distributions until the end of the epoch.