partition table problems

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Mar 15 10:36:18 EST 2003

Ouch, and double ouch, Tyler.

Me thinks you're in pretty jdeep here. There's not much you can do if
your partition is actually scrambled. If only a piece of it is, you
might have some success. I do recall there are Linux tools for working
on restoring partitions, but I don't have any to recommend. I'd do a
Google search for "partition tool Linux."

Of course, your data is all still there. The problem is that without a
partition table, you don't know where there is, or what any particular
byte belongs to.