Red Hat 8 and Grub

Thomas Ward slingshooter at valkyrie.net
Thu Mar 13 02:46:59 EST 2003

Hi, you will need to modify your /etc/grub.conf. As an example I will
place my grub.conf in this message for example perposes.
Hope this helps. What you will see is a speakup startup followed by an
normal startup without speakup for cases when speakup is not  desirible
such as using my Dectalk express with emacspeak or testing the
gnome-speech
dectalk driver, etc.

 # grub.conf generated by
anaconda #
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda2
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=50
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Start with Speakup (2.4.18-14)
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-14 ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi speakup_synth=dectlk
	initrd /initrd-2.4.18-14.img
title Normal startup  (2.4.18-14)